Dr. Yang E. Li
Department of Neurosurgery & Genetics
- Prior to joining WUSM, Dr. Li served as a Postdoctoral Fellow in Bing Ren’s Laboratory of Gene Regulation at the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research at the University of California San Diego. He holds a Ph.D. in Computational Biology & Bioinformatics under the supervision of Dr. Zhi John Lu from Tsinghua University and Bachelor’s Degrees in Biology and Laws from Sichuan University.
- Dr. Li’s research interests include developing innovative computational tools/methods and utilizing single-cell (epi)genomic techniques to gain a comprehensive understanding of gene regulation in mammalian models and human diseases, particularly in brain tumors and neuropsychiatric disorders.
- In his free time, he enjoys running, hiking, watching movies, and spending time with his family.
Senior Research Assistant
- Xiaoxiao was the first addition to the Li lab. She holds a M.S. degree in Computer Science from WashU, and her previous research interests were focused on the application of Deep Neural Networks in 3D medical image registration.
- Outside of the lab, she enjoys traveling, hiking, and music festivals!
Undergraduate Research Assistant
- I am an undergraduate at WashU studying neuroscience and computer science. I have an interest in using computational methods for biomedical methods and specifically in machine learning.
- In my free time, I like eating pizza, watching football, or playing video games.